com.dti.folderlauncher is an essential system app found in Samsung Android phones.
It is used by the Android framework to permit users to launch any number of apps from a single symbol.
In this article, we will take a closer look at qustion and answer some common questions about it.
What is com.dti.folderlauncher?
This is a significant system app on Android devices, including Samsung Android phones.
It enables users to launch numerous apps from one icon, serving a crucial purpose within the Android system.
Its package name is com.dti.folderlauncher.
Why is its show on Samsung phone?
Samsung devices are well known for installing bloatware, and sometimes few essential system apps are also confused as bloatware.
IT is one such essential system app found in Samsung Android phones.
The Android system utilizes this feature to enable users to conveniently access numerous apps from a single icon.
What permissions does It have?
It has some basic permissions on the device which are as follows: Phone
- Location (User needs to grant it on first usage)
- Draw over other app
Is It safe?
Com.dti.folderlauncher is developed by Samsung Electronics itself.
The sole purpose of the app is to allow users to install addons like Games, security apps, etc., by opening the app.
Therefore, It is a safe app to use.
How to Uninstall ?
There are typically two methods to uninstall It which are as follows: How to Uninstall this from Samsung?
While com.dti.folderlauncher is an essential system app in Samsung phones, some users might still want to uninstall it.
Here are two methods to do so:
You’ll need a Windows PC to use ADB.
Here are the steps to uninstall:
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap on the Build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Enable USB debugging by tapping on it.
- Download ADB on your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- After extracting the ZIP file, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter the command adb devices.
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB data cable and set the USB mode as File Transfer.
- You will receive a USB debugging notification on your phone, tap on OK to allow debugging access.
- Re-enter the command adb devices.
- You should now see the Serial number of your device on the Powershell window.
- Run the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.dti.folderlauncher.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Your app is uninstalled.
Using System App Remover
This method requires you to root your Android device.
After gaining root access, follow the steps below to uninstall this system app:
- Download and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the application
- Search for “Games”
- Tap on the checkbox next to this app
- Tap the “Uninstall” button to completely remove the app from your device.
How to fix the com dti folderLauncher problem?
- Clean/Wipe Cache Partition
- Factory Reset Motorola.
- Boot in Safe Mode and Remove App(Read here: How to Boot Android in Safe mode?)
- Update Firmware.
- Root your Samsung(Carefull!!
- this will void the warranty).
- Contact service center.
It is an essential system app for Samsung android phones that allows users to launch multiple apps from a single icon, making it easier to access frequently-used applications.
In the event you wish to remove it, you can use ADB or System App Remover.
However, if you want to optimize your Samsung phone’s efficiency, Com.dti.folderlauncher is a valuable tool to keep.
It is a system app found in Samsung android phones that enables users to launch multiple apps from a single icon.
Yes, it is safe to use and doesn’t cause any harm to your device.
It has some basic permissions on the device, such as Phone, Location (User needs to grant it on first usages), Storage, and Draw over other app.
You can uninstall it from Samsung using ADB or System App Remover.