Are you looking for a powerful and efficient chainsaw? Two of the best options on the market are the black+decker chainsaw vs makita chainsaw. Both models offer cordless convenience with zero emissions, and they are designed to offer reduced maintenance and noise levels. We’ll review the features, pros, and cons.
Makita Brushless 16″ Chain Saw Kit
The Makita XCU04PT1 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 16″ Chain Saw Kit with 4 Batteries (5.0Ah) is a cordless chainsaw powered by two 18V LXT lithium-ion batteries. The Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system delivers the power of a 32cc gas chainsaw. The chainsaw has a 16-inch guide bar and a variable speed trigger with a high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance. It also features tool-less chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance.
- High power efficiency equivalent to a gas chainsaw.
- No gas emissions, oil mixing or pull starts, reduced maintenance, and low noise levels.
- Makita Star Protection Computer Controls protects against overloading, over-discharging, and overheating.
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed for improved cutting performance.
- Convenience features include tool-less chain adjustment, front hand guard, and electric brake for maximum productivity.
- It is a bit heavier than some other cordless chainsaws.
- It is more expensive than some other cordless chainsaws.
BLACK+DECKER Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch
The BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch (LCS1240) is a 12-inch cordless electric chainsaw powered by a 40V MAX battery. The chainsaw features an OREGON low-kickback bar and chain for easy and efficient cutting. It also has tool-free chain tensioning, allowing you to quickly and easily adjust chain tension. The chainsaw has a front hand guard and lock-off button for increased safety.
- Cordless design allows for greater mobility and flexibility in use
- 40V battery provides enough power for most residential tasks
- 12-inch bar and chain are suitable for cutting through small to medium-sized trees and branches
- Tool-less chain tensioning system allows for quick and easy adjustments
- Automatic oiling system helps to keep the chain lubricated during use
- Lightweight design (approximately 10 pounds) makes it easy to maneuver and use for extended periods of time
- Battery life may not be sufficient for larger projects or extended use
- Some users have reported issues with the chain coming loose during use
- Cutting performance may not be as strong as gas-powered chainsaws
- Chain oil reservoir may need to be refilled frequently during use
- May not be suitable for heavy-duty or professional use.
Overall Comparison between black+decker chainsaw and makita chainsaw
|Chainsaw Model||Makita XCU04PT1||BLACK+DECKER LCS1240|
|Power Source||Battery Powered||Battery Powered|
|Product Dimensions||22.24″L x 10.63″W x 10.59″H||28.56″L x 8.81″W x 9.63″H|
|Chain Length||16 Inches||12 Inches|
|Weight||12.3 Pounds||10.4 Pounds|
|Battery Voltage||18V X2 LXT (36V)||40V MAX|
|Battery Life||5.0Ah (4 batteries included)||2.0Ah (1 battery included)|
|Tool-less Chain Adjustment||Yes||Yes|
|Variable Speed Trigger||Yes||No|
|High Chain Speed||0-3,940 FPM||N/A|
|Front Hand Guard||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years|
Both Makita XCU04PT1 and BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 chainsaws are great choices for people looking for cordless electric chainsaws. Each chainsaw has its own pros and cons. Here’s a table comparing both chainsaws side-by-side.
Makita XCU04PT1 chainsaw is a great choice for professionals and heavy-duty tasks, while BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 is ideal for light-duty work and home use. Makita chainsaw is slightly more powerful, with a 32 hp motor and 16-inch chain length, making it suitable for cutting thicker and denser materials. On the other hand, BLACK+DECKER chainsaw has a smaller 12-inch chain length and 40V MAX battery voltage, making it more convenient for occasional use and easier to handle due to its lighter weight.
Makita chainsaw comes with four 18V LXT batteries that deliver a maximum runtime and performance without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. It also has a tool-less chain adjustment feature that makes it more convenient to operate and maintain. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. The chainsaw also has a front hand guard that is engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
BLACK+DECKER chainsaw, on the other hand, has a smooth, fast-cutting OREGON low-kickback bar and chain for easy and efficient cutting. It also has a tool-free chain tensioning feature that makes it easy to adjust the chain tension quickly and easily. Additionally, it has enhanced safety features like a front hand guard and lock-off button for increased safety during use.
In conclusion, the BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch (LCS1240) is a great option for those who want a reliable and efficient cordless chainsaw. With its powerful motor, long battery life, and easy maneuverability, this chainsaw is perfect for both DIY enthusiasts and professionals.
The weight of this chainsaw is approximately 10.4 pounds.
Yes, the battery of this chainsaw is replaceable.
The maximum cutting diameter of this chainsaw is 12 inches.
Yes, the chain tension of this chainsaw is adjustable.
While this chainsaw is capable of handling medium to heavy-duty cutting tasks, it may not be the best option for extremely large trees or thick logs.